Thursday 10 March 2011

Sally Army Fashion Show!

To say me and this new project got off on the wrong foot is an understatement.
We have to create ten outfits from garments given to us from the Salvation Army, all based on one of four trends: Garden party, Seventies, Colour Block and Safari and Tribal.
Oh how I wish I had seventies. I love the seventies, I love the clothes, I love the fabrics.
No-one will believe me now but I predicted the seventies coming back for S/S11, honestly I did. I've been preparing for it forever and a day. To get seventies for my trend would of been a dream, garden party I would of happily worked with, even colour block I could of got my head round. But no, I, the most untribal person in the world have been graced with my most hated trend since double denim, Safari and Tribal.
Well, it'll be a "challenge" of sorts I suppose...

As I was mentally preparing myself for seeing the garments we got, I had a think about what kind of outfit I could make, determined to put some myself into this horrendous trend somehow. I figured the only was to do this was to design my outfit with vintage inspiration in mind, which should be pretty easy considering i'm a savvy shopper and we're getting everything from the Sal.
I have a few ideas in mind which should work quite well. All of a sudden i'm feeling rather positive towards this project again, Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment